Become a Tea Professional
A TEA SOMMELIER is a trained and knowledgeable tea professional who has successfully completed the eight modules in the TAC TEA SOMMELIER™/℠ course at a college or online, and passed the Tea Association of Canada certification examination.
- Have a thorough understanding of tea and its history, processing methods and preparation.
- Be able to interact easily with anyone on the subject of tea and make recommendations based on their needs in an approachable and easy manner.
- Have the ability to design a comprehensive tea menu for retail or any food service environment.
- Understand and apply the principals behind tea and food pairings.
- Understand and articulate the tasting notes associated with different teas.
The Tea Association of Canada Tea Sommelier Course can be done online, or in-person at one of the following colleges:
TEA SOMMELIER® Courses
Explore the various nuances of using tea as an ingredient – cooking, baking, cocktails etc. In this course, you will understand the principals behind using tea beyond its traditional uses as well as how to pair tea with food and create the perfect tea menu.
Students who have completed all of the TAC TEA SOMMELIER® courses with passing grades, are eligible to take:
Meet the TAC TEA SOMMELIER® Instructors